Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

Well New Years was Amazing. I spent my New Years in Toledo. We walked up to the main Cathedral square and were met by a big group of people. There was a small band there and a few booths handing out "Celebration Bags." In these bags were party hats, masks, streemer, and grapes. I was so excited to find grapes in the bag. In spain the tradition is to eat one grape each stroke of midnight. This was super fun. Everyone looked as if they were playing chubby bunny: full cheeks, smiles, and laughter. I could not even finish eating all my grapes...so I promptly threw them out and then got my new years kiss :). Spain was amazing we got to see so many beautiful things, laugh so much, and make so many priceless memories. thank-you SO much mom and dad for taking me on that trip and for bringing along my boyfriend.
Now I am back to being alone...but i feel better. I still miss my family and Jon like crazy..but I am on the final count down...not just a count down to christmas..but a count down to being home with my family, friends and boyfriend. Saying bye was so hard...but saying hello is amazing.
Right now I am in Nepal. I arrived back in Bangladesh the 4th of December and was set to leave for Nepal on the 6th of December, but my ticket got changed. I was going to have to leave an hour earlier on the 6th (alone cause Jehanna and Josiah were leaving the 5th) and come back alone and have a 5 hour flight instead of a 1. I was seriously debating going...I am SO tired the thought of traveling alone to another 3rd world country was just not inviting, and I was worn out. My dad convinced me to just look into my options before I cancled...SO I went to the airport with all my luggage, with hopes of getting on the same plane as Jehanna and Josiah...God worked it all out. I am in Nepal right now. Sitting in a nice hotel for just 10.00 a night and enjoying catching up with Jehanna and Josiah. Tomorrow we plan to see some temples in Kathmandu and see about Jehannas visa. Please pray for all our safty and for our last few months here. We are all missing our family, friends and significant others...I would post pictures from Spain..BUT my MAC crashed..so right now I am on a net book from Spain that is ALL in Spainsh LOL Im hoping things work out that I can give it to Jon to sell in Argentina! LOL but that is what is new in my life. I am very excited to see Nepal, I miss my family, friends and Jon, but am very thankful for this oppertunity to be where I am and to see all that I am seeing.

I hope that you all had an amazing New Years, and that 2010 can be an amazing year for all of you. I love you all and miss you SO much. Thanks for all the prayers, love, support and encouragement. That means SO much more then you will ever know. I love you all. Elliot

No comments: