Sunday, November 7, 2010

the world is full of hurt
full of achy breaky hearts
but some of my favorite people have something special
something special inside of them
something so inspiring that it fills me up when
everything else is telling me to hurt
I look around and see you
I see you shining
I see you being more then you should
Because of you I am inspired to be more
to shine when I feel dim
to look for the flicker of light and warmth in ice cold souls
to give more--expect less
care when I don't want to
and look for the small pieces of exceptional
the world is full of hurt
full of achy breaky hearts
but thankfully I have people like you
the ones who can make darkness sparkle
and ice melt







2 comments:

Tina said...

Mm.. so true! I love those people! Smashing up the ice so it melts faster :)

Chelle said...

Chany told me about your blog Elliot. And I am so excited to have found it. You are such a beautiful girl, through and through.