Monday, March 28, 2011

cranky.

Today I woke up cranky.

It is a terrible feeling. It may have been because I went to bed cranky--for no accord. Or it might have been because I woke up too early--with way too many things on my mind. Or it may have been because of the rain, classes, or loneliness--. It may have been any of these things--but I still do not like the feeling.

Right now I am not cranky. I am excited. I am excited for the day to come, rain and all. but I wonder--why? Why do I have to wake-up cranky? God has given me so much and I wonder--does He find it annoying when I wake-up and forget? When I choose to be cranky? Thank-YOU God for being a God who loves even when we forget. Who is there to lift us up even when we are stubborn--and for being a God who can take me even when I am in the mist of all my crank-y-ness.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
--Marilyn Monroe

God COMPLETELY deserves my best--because He completely takes me at my worst.

No comments: